- The variation in pain sensation could also account for their ability to chow down onspicy hot food.
- Redheads are also fabulous in business. University of Tennessee and Dalton State College study found redheads were four times more likely to be CEOs than other hair colours.
- Throughout the ages, gingers have been victims of horrific social outcast as a result of their luxurious, wild manes.
- In the 15th century, they were deemed to be witches and burnt at the stake. Around 45,000 were tortured and murdered.
- In dating, while some research has suggested redheads were less likely to be approached for mating due to hair colour, Elevated Today suggests it might actually be a good idea to marry a redhead because they are genetically superior.
- The article cited research in France that suggested redheads were approached less in mating not because they were less desirable but because they were highly desirable. It suggested men feared rejection because redheads were seen as more sensuous and promiscuous but also more assertive and temperamental.
- The downside of redhair: A higher risk of skin cancer and Parkinson’s disease.
*Note: The author of this article admits she is completely biased because of her red hair.